All that you wish to know about Privacy shade.
Privacy shade in Blackberry phones helps you keeping your sensitive data hidden on your mobiles. You might never know when any hacker or any other can browse your mobile and get into your personal life like your personal photos, note pad, messages or emails. To curb this Blackberry phones have a feature called Privacy Shade. It’s a tool to help you better control what people see, and better manage what you share with those around you.
How to enable and disable Privacy shade on your Black berry phones?
- On the home screen, tap the BlackBerry Privacy Shade app icon.
- Drag around to reveal information on your screen. You can interact with the rest of your screen normally.
- To turn off BlackBerry Privacy Shade tap
Turn on BlackBerry Privacy Shade from the notifications tray
In the BlackBerry Privacy Shade settings, the Always show notification setting must be turned on.
Swipe down from the top of the screen to reveal your notifications.
Do one of the following:
- If Privacy Shade is your default mode, tap the Privacy Shade notification.
- If Redactor is your default mode, swipe down on the notification and select Privacy Shade
Privacy Shade also comes with a cool Redactor feature which, when enabled, allows you to selectively black out images and screenshots before sharing them. It’s as simple as opening up the image, activating Redactor Mode, choosing your redaction format, and then swiping across your screen. After that, simply click on “share” to forward your newly-redacted photo – secure in the knowledge that you aren’t sending out anything you don’t want people to see.
To turn off BlackBerry Privacy Shade, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the Privacy Shade notification again.
Select the default mode for the BlackBerry Privacy Shade notification
You can set Privacy Shade or Redactor as the default mode that appears in the notification. When you tap the notification, your default mode will turn on. You can also swipe down on the notification and choose to turn on either mode.
In the BlackBerry Privacy Shade app, tap three dots icon given and go to Notification
Do one of the following:
- Tap Turn on Privacy Shade to set Privacy Shade as the default mode.
- Tap Turn on Redactor mode to set Redactor as the default mode.
Use shortcuts for Blackberry Privacy Shade Turn off or Turn On
Depending on your device and your Android OS version, you can quickly turn on BlackBerry Privacy Shade with several shortcuts:
- If you are using Android OS 7.0 Nougat or later, you can add
- BlackBerry Privacy Shade to your Quick Settings.
- If you are using a BlackBerry device with a Convenience key, you can assign BlackBerry Privacy Shade to the Convenience Key.
- If you are using a BlackBerry device that supports swipe shortcuts on the home screen, you can make BlackBerry Privacy Shade one of your shortcuts.
If you don’t own a Blackberry device but need Privacy shade then download the free app from Google Play on your Android 5.0 and up for 30 days. After that you need to pay for subscription.
There are many other Privacy shade alternative apps that you can have on your any Android mobile like Screenguard, Privacy hide and more that are available at the app store.